Elite Powder Coating, LLC. (EPC) shall warranty its powder coatings for a period of one year. EPC warrants that the process of the pretreatment and cure of all parts powder coated meets or exceeds the industry standards set forth by the powder manufacturers.
Due to environment, consumer usage, metal construction and fabrication variances, all of which are out of the control and responsibility of EPC, this warranty is limited. It is EPC’s responsibility under this warranty to renew the powder coating on the item that has been determined that powder coating workmanship by EPC or a powder coat material was defective. EPC upon notice and determination of valid claim will re-coat parts at their own expense. EPC is not liable for the cost of take down, re-installation or transport of effected parts. EPC reserves the right to inspect and to determine cause for failure of coating.
– Tubes or pipes that have end caps and do not have a weep hole have a high risk of vapors escaping during the curing process that will damage the powder finish in an oven. Without a weep hole for the gases to escape, EPC, is not responsible for the damage on oven may produce.
– Handrails and fencing that are not welded solid allow moisture to build up in places that the powder coat cannot penetrate. EPC is not responsible for these areas that will rust after installation.
– Weldments and frames that have overlapping metals trap moisture and will rust if the overlapping metals are not seal welded. EPC is not responsible for the rust that will build up and spread from these areas.
– Sharp edges must be rounded to be able to hold an appropriate mil thickness of paint. Sharp edges that are not rounded will rust. EPC is not responsible for rust that occurs because of sharp edges.
– Design and/or welding flaws, such as pin holes, overlapping steel placements or non-sealed welds that allow moisture to build up and cause rust are not covered by this warranty.
– EPC does not warranty for items damaged by nicks, cuts, scratches or any other normal wear and tear on the item as it is being used.
The following acts and/or omissions will void the warranty:
• Physical damage due to transport or installation
• Contact with salt water, magnesium chlorides, ice melt
• Contact with chlorine, fertilizer pesticides, or industrial chemical agents
• Contact with sprinkler systems, tree sap, entangled vegetation
• Alteration of coating by owner or agents of owner
• Physical damage due to acts of God